New Site

We're making a change to the way that we release work for our classes. The main lessons (the things that we'll do in class each day) will now be found at the site "Optimal Beneficial Moreover Detrimental: Classroom." We're keeping this site, with a slightly different name, in order to release a reading a day for students to practice their reading at home. Each post will contain a link to a reading, along with a list of assignments that can be completed for that reading.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

W1. Keyboarding-Language Arts Writing Prompt


Good morning, this post applies to my period 2/3b and 6b/7 students, both of whom have keyboarding right now. This week's essay, as I mentioned to you, will be conducted in your keyboarding class. I wanted to make sure that you had ammunition for your own ideas, so I've prepared a link to a reading that you can go over first to help you out. Click here to read "Benefits of Music Education," an article from Music Education Online.

Once you are in Keyboarding class, you will have the entire period to compose your response. Remember that this is a graded exercise for me, so if you need any writing checks for my gradebook, this is a good way to get them. I have given Mr. Carmona the writing prompt and lined paper.

I appreciate both your taking the time to do this for me, and Mr. Carmona taking the time to administer it. I want to construct situations where you write when I am not around, so you can make sure that you can do all of these tricks that we learn in lots of different contexts and classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment