New Site

We're making a change to the way that we release work for our classes. The main lessons (the things that we'll do in class each day) will now be found at the site "Optimal Beneficial Moreover Detrimental: Classroom." We're keeping this site, with a slightly different name, in order to release a reading a day for students to practice their reading at home. Each post will contain a link to a reading, along with a list of assignments that can be completed for that reading.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

IYI. A.Word.A.Day

There's a great mass email that I signed up for a couple months ago and thought I'd share if you're interested. It's called A.Word.A.Day, and every day, it sends a new word to your email account. The words are often very rare, (today's word "nonesuch," means "a person or thing without equal," a I would probably never use it in my own writing, because it seems too rare to me, and other people wouldn't get it), but it's a great way to get some really smart person to pick out an interesting word for you.

Also, there's a quotation at the bottom and they're often great, too, I enjoy them as much as I enjoy the word. I highly recommend signing up for a free subscription.

Here's the link to the site to sign up - it's free and I don't think I've received any spam from this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment